Friday, March 16, 2012

Malvern Hills

I would have posted yesterday on this, but I was too exhausted after our day out, so I just waited until morning.

Our day started off pretty low key. Bacon sandwich for breakfast, tea, and talking about what we are going to do in London with Charlotte and Ray. (Jon's cousins)

Then we decided that we were going to go for a walk with Ray and Charlotte's dog, Bailey, up to the Hills.

We started about halfway up, and walked all the way up to the Beacon. Now, to give you an idea of how big this is, it looks like a small mountain from the distance. It is also very steep.

After we went up to the Beacon, and back down again. (my legs were kinda dying by that point), we went to a nearby pub, called the Wyche Brew, where I got to try a really nice cider, called Thatchers.

Ray, Jon and I then played some pool. I played horribly! I lost against Jon, then again to Ray! But, it was a lot of fun.

After we were done there, we came back to Charlotte's, and sat down for a few, and just talked about random things. Soon, it was time to go get food.

I really wish I would have remembered to take a picture of dinner last night, just so people could see how absolutely MASSIVE the portions are. When Jon and my portions were wrapped up, it was the size and weight of a baby. I do not kid! We both had fish and chips. Jon had plaice, and I had cod. It was delicious! I was only able to eat about a quarter, or a third of all the food in front of me. So we know for next time, just to get one to share between us.

Oh! we also stopped at a One Stop, and grabbed some crisps (vintage cheddar &onion chutney, and a Walkers Mixed Mystery Flavour pack),  Jaffa cakes, and  hobnobs.

So far, I have only tried the Jaffa Cakes, and my goodness they are delicious!
Also, you can by booze at a One Stop! They had various beers, ciders, wines, and spirits!

So, this is where I end it, as after all that, I passed out up in bed at around 9:15PM.

Oh, and here's a picture of Jon and I up on top at the Beacon. In case I forgot to mention, it was quite foggy out all day. =p

No comments:

Post a Comment